Jon Roche Web Blog

Easy way to post pictures and happening.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Solar Power


Added solar power to keep the batterys up as much as possible when not plugged in. my fridge draws alot of juice, and every bit counts. This is a 65 watt solar panel. I mounted to my roof pod, to keep the shadowing to a minimum. and i can tilt the lid toward the sun if needed.



6 gauge wires run down. they ended up in through the closet. I tried routing behind, but didn't work out.











my xantrex charge controller. i had a hard time figureing out where to mount this. wanted it close to the batteries. This is a little cramped. but allows me access to adjust and monitor. So far it does not get hot. but I plan on adding some venting just in case.


finally my two 6 volt golf cart batterys and home made drawer for them. I spent too much time building the drawer. should of bought one. But it is tough, and works good. You can see the shunt for my battery monitor right to the right of the battery.
Here is the battery monitor. tells me how my charging is going. and how much battery power I have. it is interesting to see what different 12 volt items draw.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanx Jon..my batt setup is similar..was wondering about
having monitor

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home