Jon Roche Web Blog

Easy way to post pictures and happening.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Carpet install


Old carpet was nasty.  It was white, and glued to floor.  It pulled up pretty easy.  I did alot of vacuuming, and lightly sanded over the floor with 80 grit.

blue lines were the edges of orignal carpet.  there was no carpet under the furniture.

the front area had this insulation glued down.  What a mess that was.  I used a wire wheel on an angle grinder to clean it up, but it made a mess. 

here is tack strips and padding down.  Used a rubber pad, that had moisture barrier top and bottum.
I just used spray adheasive to hold it in place.  and a couple staples.

view from the front of carpet pad.

done with main Floor.  It did not strech well. My carpet pad was a bit on the thick side for the tack strips.  and not a good tuck it.  so a few staples held it onto the tack strips.

I put one seam in, because I got a remnant, of 12 x 15. 

There is the completed job.  I used pad up the center steps.  and hatch, and as much as I could up front.  that is the only noise protection I installed.  dynamat is just too spendy.  My couch and dinette are going to bolt to the floor and should also hold the carpet in place.
I stapled the edges, and put carpet glue around the edge of the hatch. 

If I was to do this again,  I would buy more of a shag carpet to hide the installation imperfections.
will see how it holds up.  This nicer pad sure feels good on the feet. 
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home