Busy start to summer
Ok, it has been a busy summer now that it finally arrived.![]() |
| Started out after working on the GMC April and May, we left for our first camping trip about 40 minutes away. |
After the GMC made its first trip, it was time for the buggy. Frantic to get the front end working right. different steering box, and a few other small items.

Ready to go, just before the GMC started to leak antifreeze.

Ready to go, just before the GMC started to leak antifreeze.
Did not let the antifreeze leak stop me on the trip out, but I had to leave it, and return a week later to swap out the radiator. Keith met us out there for some buggy action with his GMC.

had a few issues getting stuck on the logs. and one broken clutch cable. but we got it back together and out of there. was a great day.
Sunday, Jeff and I picked up another buggy out in Alexandria, then went down to anoka to pick up this nice old willies pickup. I had to drive the buggy home.

after I frantically got the radiator swapped, we headed to Northfield to meet up with some other GMCer's for a work rally. good people and super place to be. we could only stay one night there. GMC ran great.

after I frantically got the radiator swapped, we headed to Northfield to meet up with some other GMCer's for a work rally. good people and super place to be. we could only stay one night there. GMC ran great.
my dodge rims made the front too wide for the alingment. but we tried to adjust the ride height. Mine is sitting too high, but we lowered it as much as we could, without changing porkchops. had great help from Dave Lenzi.
Jens family from England came to visit. had a nice bon fire. enjoyed their company for a few days. Tried to give a buggy ride, but after the buggy weekend, I must have jarred some things and it was not running right.
Finally got the awning on. ended up buying a used awning, was missing one piece. and I had to have Jeff pick that piece up in Chicago for me. finally a month later, it is on the coach ready for use.

all hooked up and ready to head to wisconsin for a wedding. It was pretty hot leaving, but the GMC ran good all the way.











0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home