Jon Roche Web Blog

Easy way to post pictures and happening.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Towing with the GMC over the years


This was the first trip with the GMC.  St. Cloud, to Danbury Wisconsin and back for some off road fun. I flat towed the 4 seater, while my friend towed my buggy on the trailer behind his wrangler. 
 

I have not towed the boat too much.  Just a couple weekends just an hour or so away from the house.  It tows nice, but I have not tried to land it with the gmc.  So far there is always someone else there with a truck.

I installed  a towbar on my friends Jeep wrangler.  It towed decent.  Problem was he took it apart and spent two years upgrading to a v-8 in the jeep.  so now it is a little heavier, and he is still working out the bugs on the swap.  so not sure when i can borrow it again.

My Dad's 4 wheeler and trailer for hunting.  His trailer is heavy for it's size.

This is how I used to tow my buggy.  tows really easy. Just goofy loading buggy on that trailer.  I have towed this a few places. I think this was out to appleton for the first big GMC trip after I actaully fixed alot of things that were wrong with it when i brought it home.

I towed this way a couple times.  First was a longer haul up to the iron range, in MN.  The trailer has electric brakes.  It tows nice, but I think I seen a real drop in mileage.  I also was running hot this trip, but I think that was due to radiator problems.

I think the ranger is about 400+ pounds heavier then my dad's 4 wheeler.  I towed this down near Ellesworth wisconin and back.  It struggled on the hills.  but it did not over heat.  this was  a week after I changed the radiator, and was over 90 degrees on the trip out.  I took less hilly route home, and it was cooler. 

This is how I haul my dune buggy now.  tows really easy.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home