Jon Roche Web Blog

Easy way to post pictures and happening.

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Prop Rods for propane and generator doors



I have to give all credit for this to Jeff Wolf.  When visiting him, he showed me this cheap and easy way to make some prop rods out of hot dog roasters. took me about an hour, and total cost for roasters, pop rivets, and aluminum angle was about $15.

My old way of holding up the doors.  I lost many bungees the past few years

For support, I pop riveted some 1/2 x 1/2 aluminum angle. 

2 Roaster forks bought at fleet farm for less then $4 each.
Notice the rubber cover that came to protect the sharp end.
I cut the roaster fork, measured the length I needed,  and bent 90 on the ends

Drilled out the angle,  and the roaster fork rubber deal holds the prop rod in place

here is where I got my length measurement,
I drilled a hole into the side for the rod to rest in,  and the prop rod works great.
new way to prop open the doors.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home