Jon Roche Web Blog

Easy way to post pictures and happening.

Wednesday, January 02, 2019

Engine 2018 continued

Found my mondello exhaust crossover blocking plate was cracking.  I think 20k miles since i did the intake?
One new ebay china made ultra sonic cleaner. This really is my new favorite tool.  Using pine-sol it helped clean up bolts and brackets and any part I could put in it. 

Lota of time painting and cleaning parts. 
Last summer we cooked, and the oem a/c
Compressor bracket is a pain.  So time for some new A/C.  The bracket for this allows for easy removal of passenger side valve cover.  Hopefully never need to, but if I wanted
To check valve train you really can’t with the old bracket.    More to come on this upgrade. 

New engine showed up in 3
Weeks 

Transmission ready for another ride.  Rebuilder was in South Dakota so I had some help from some friends moving it around. 

Macy likes the new/clean engine.   Comes as seen, palleted and bagged up nice.   Need to install oil pump, oil pan, intake and valve covers.   As well as the timing cover ect.  

Ready to go back in coach. 

You are not to trust an oil cooler after engine failure.   I was not going to risk that, and did not like the idea of cobbing in an aux oil cooler.  So I opted to install a brand new radiator. 

Brought tranny down from top.  Pretty easy, you can get the bolts from the wheel
Wells with right ratchet.   

Final drive installed.   My jack adaptor still works well. 

Engine next



Gantree is smooth.   Think we messed up as
Engine made it from stand to being bolted up in just a few minutes and did not even
Pick up Pry bar.   Crazy.    The work is all in bolting on everything else.   I think this is stopping point on saturday. 

Closer.    This i think is sunday stopping point.  


Too excited for first drive.  Forgot to unplug coach. 

Carb gave us a hard time on start up.  Good thing I had an expert friend helping on the start up. 


With excitement the photos ended.  We had success so far.  I put about 700 miles on it in sept and oct.  I am still struggling with some hesitation on the carb, so I am going to install efi in 2019.   Not that a carb is bad, but withh the new engine i think i want to keep track of things bettter and the efi/ebl system had an advantage in that aspect on performance.  


































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home