So time to go for something non-carpet. We choosed vinyl plank.
Took out the dinette and couch base.
I bought the mid grade stuff because on sale and color we wanted and in stock.
Seems there are 3 grades each increasing in price as well as thickness. I would not want anything thinner then what installed.
Took 5 boxes and i have left over. Coverage varies per box slightly on some choices of flooring.
The question was how to make a “floating” floor in the gmc. I am not sure the sq ft. Really needs much movement, but what i decided to do was to install 2 floors.
1 is just under the couch, and i screwed the couch to floor like it was and that section does not reallt float now.
The rest of the flooring was installed with the reccomended 1/4 gap on edges. I installed some sound stuff they sold along with the flooring, and just installed the floor. It concealed the issues with the plywood.
The dinette I set and marked the lag mounts on the floor and drilled 1” hole through the flooring on those. And then stacked washers and lag bolted the dinette back down. So the floor can “float” if needed.
Bought a piece of aluminum angle for the door kick and brad nailed the 1/4 round in along the cabinets.
I did remove the rear “bump” up in the floor and also cleared some old mouse nests in the process.
Turned out really nice and upset I did not go this route years ago and dealt with carpet.
Still have carpet up front.
Nice work. I'm getting ready to do my coach. Thank you for the pictures and your comments on the process.
ReplyDelete